Since the face of how we do business has changed because of COVID-19, businesses should think about (and hopefully prepare for) cyberattacks and security breaches. Having a disaster recovery plan in place to restore critical information is a good place to start. However, in these times this is simply not enough.
This is why it’s important to have a 360 business continuity plan ready.
Here are some devastating facts from Bureau of Labor, PC Mag, Gartner, Unitrends and TechRadar:
- Every year, 20% of businesses experience system loss from events such as fires, floods, outages, etc. These types of occurrences not only result in loss of data, but they displace employees and shatter operations
- 60% of companies that lose their data will shut down within 6 months
- Only 35% of Small Businesses have a comprehensive disaster recovery plan in place, according to Gartner
- The cost of losing critical applications has been estimated by experts at more than $5,000 per minute
- Network downtime costs 80% of small and medium businesses at least $20,000 per hour
If these facts are not enough to ensure a business continuity plan is in place, then you are rolling the dice in a game you will not win. It is not a matter IF something will happen its WHEN.
A business continuity plan creates a means of keeping your business operational during a crisis. In addition, the plan should include protocols for your devices, communication channels, office setup – including employees, and more.
If you’re currently experiencing unexplained system slow-downs, unexplained outages and trying to maintain normal computer functions, then your system needs definite attention, and you probably don’t have a continuity plan in place. It’s not too late to start, but understand it’s going to take some time and effort but the end result will be invaluable.
This is where Protected Harbor can help. We deliver end to end IT solutions ranging from custom designed systems, data center management, disaster recovery, ransomware protection, cloud services and more. On average, we save clients up to 30% on IT costs while increasing their productivity, durability and sustainability. Let our unique technology experts evaluate your current systems and design cost-effective, secure options.
With us, you can be sure your systems will run during a crisis. Contact us today to find out more. www.protectedharbor.com